Friday 19 June 2015

Masculine Feminine

Oh Yeah!
The theme this week for Art Journal Journey is Masculine Feminine- I had to play! :)

Art Journaling is a different genre in itself and trying my hands on it definitely made me happy! This is my first attempt at making an art journal page...Did I pass? :)


When I started making the page, I was not sure what I am gonna make..so I went with this idea
Masculine- represents strength, shapes; Feminine-softness,curves.

I used DI- Wild honey, Mowed lawn and Salty ocean over the page. Then I used a stencil and sprinted it with water to create a texture over the page. 
I used Craftslane stencil with the same DI. I added arrows stamps from Bo Bunny "To the point" stamp set that represent masculine part. I doodles other shapes along. 
Later, I drew a lady using a black gel pen. I doodled a lot over the page. I added a layer of gesso over the journal and painted using water colors in some portions.
"Men and Women have strength that complement each other" is the quote that I wrote for the same.
Hope you guys like it?

Thank u so much for coming by!
Keep smiling!
Time is short. Live every moment! :)



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page, great colours! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at that - fabulous! Looks like this is your genre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it? Thanks for your encouragement Cornelia! :)

      Delete
  3. Suchi this is fabulous - love how you drew the woman, and your colours are wonderful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super page Suchi! Great quote!!! So glad you are with us again at Art Journal Journey!
    Happy weekend to you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It means a lot. :)